Wednesday, December 26, 2012

October 14, 2012 - Kelly Bauer

Day 65 - Sunday - October, 14 2012
Written from the perspective of the cashier at Degman’s Deli…
8:47! This group is getting here earlier and earlier every morning. They’re hard at work already…well, except the one that’s using his laptop as a pillow. He kind of looks homeless. They must have a lot to get done because I’ve never seen people drink so much coffee! They keep calling it hot drink though, I don’t know what that’s all about. This morning seemed like something didn’t go according to their schedule. I overheard the small tan one and I think they were supposed to meet with the great Ranger Shelton but it got pushed back to tomorrow. I hope t isn’t because he was to bust getting interviewed by Oprah again. I really hope they get to meet him, he’s the best interpreter I’ve seen at this park.
11:00…they must be getting restless because they keep getting up to walk through the park for some fresh air.
3:00…I think this group hates the music here just as much as I do. If I have to listen to the Time Warp one more time I am quitting. It seems like these guys are really trying to get a lot of work done so they can make the most of the rest of their time here in Yosemite. I overheard them talking about going on a group hike tomorrow, the weather should be perfect I wish I could join them! They also keep talking about boot dancing?
5:00…They’ve all left back to their campsite, sounds like they’re having chili mac for dinner. Sounds delicious. This Deli’s closed so I’m outta here. Can’t wait to see this crazy bunch again tomorrow.

No comments: