Wednesday, December 26, 2012

12/01/2012 - Cody J Presny


Here I lie in bed, contemplating the day’s events. Today I received extensive feedback from both my leader and my peers. I heard the good, I heard the bad, and I heard the ugly. It was pretty nerve racking to say the least, but I am fortunate to have had the experience. I am grateful to be surrounded by such honest and caring individuals.
But enough about me, this is the group journal. The gang rose to enjoy a scrumptious breakfast cooked by the one and only Dalton Schaller, and his lovely assistant Sarah Welsh. After breakfast the group got down to work evaluating yours truly. For hours they toiled, taking only short breaks to cook lunch and finish some last minute expedition chores. They seemed to have accomplished a lot in the limited time. I take pride in the efficiency of our group. After hearing all that they had to say, we moved on to the important task of our second to last low debrief. It was out with the old and in with the new, as Dalton, Sarah and I assumed the role of the final low team. We ate a savory Italian dinner in an elegant Italian lodge, and then began our personal homework. As the night draws to a close, I can’t help but be thankful for my ECOEE family and the experience as a whole. I have learned so much about myself over the course of this trip; it has been a truly wonderful experience.

No comments: