Wednesday, December 26, 2012

11/28/2012 - Ruby Fernandez Lopez

Today was our last day sleeping in our good old friend the Thermarest and a big sleeping bag, as we took down the tents and headed out to Macomb I had a bittersweet feeling of the last transition that is already starting.



I remember us back in Canada saying 120 days is too far ahead I don’t think we will be able to make it. Now it is the 111-day and I cannot believe we only have a few days to go.



It is really nice to have a nice shower and not worry about frozen fingers while taking down tents but honestly I would miss the sunrises in Baja, the long hikes together, the meaningless conversations that we have, the mountains, the stars, the peace and quietness of the outdoors and finally being able to share all these experiences with every single person in the group.



It is incredible to think how much you can learn from people being here has made me realize how each of us have unique qualities that have helped us to overcome every obstacle in the way. I am really happy to be here and hope opportunies to meet each person in the group. All the different environments that we would be in my mind forever and all this wouldn’t be possible without each person here. So lets take the last days that we have and enjoy the last portion of our expedition.

No comments: