Wednesday, December 26, 2012

11/20/2012 - Sarah Welsh



The backcountry adventures are no more and soon we will be packing up our gear and heading back to Horn Field. It seems unreal all of the things we have accomplished as a group. I have seen things I never even knew existed. I think the realization that people back home just won’t understand all of the crazy adventures we have had like we do is finally hitting some of us. How do you explain living in the wilderness for this long? This time of year is a time that has always been really important to me. I am always with a lot of family celebrating Thanksgiving in a big way. This is my first thanksgiving away from home, and although I miss tradition, I’m really excited to spend the holiday with this group. We have been through a lot and the thing I am most thankful for this year is the group I was put here with and all of then new friendships I have gained. I’m thankful for the adventures we have embarked upon, the knowledge I have gained, and for all the days when dinner didn’t stick to the pot and my water filter worked right the first time. Yes, I guess my list of things I am thankful for has changed this year, but as usual, I am thankful for where I’m at and what brought me here. Happy Thanksgiving friends,

Sarah

No comments: