Wednesday, December 26, 2012

11/11/2012 - Cody J Presny



It is day 93 of ECOEE 2012, and what a long strange trip it’s been. As I watched the sun rise over the Sea of Cortez this morning, I couldn’t help but think back to some of the places we have been. We have slept through the frosty nights in Colorado, trudged through the frigid waters of the Missinabi River, and hiked the high peaks of San Pedro Martir Mountains. Now we are in the heart of beautiful Baja California. In my eyes, these 93 days have flown by, and I wouldn’t trade them for anything in the world.
We spent most of today driving from Casa Azul in Bahia de California to Guadalupe. We Briefly met Ramon today, our noble and steadfast burroero. He was nothing but smiles, and I am sure he will be an entertaining and enjoyable new team member. As I lay here I cant help but to smile. Maybe it’s the 30 some odd cookies in my tummy tum talking, but I am in love with where I am, and the people I am with.
Good night, sleep tight, and don’t let the sand fleas bite.

No comments: