Wednesday, December 26, 2012

10/26/2012 - Cody J Presny


We drove from Malibu to San Diego State University, today. For the past week, the gang and I have been working at LACOSS (Los Angeles County Outdoor School). The experience was very influential for me, as I hope it was for the other ECOEE students. We helped out as counselors to maintain the fifth graders from Marengo Elementary in South Pasadena, California. My cabin was awesome; I was assigned to ten kids, they were all individual and awesome in their own way. The week had its ups and its downs, but I enjoyed myself all the same. We said our goodbyes today, it was heartbreaking, well that might be a bit melodramatic, but nonetheless, I hated to see them go. We traveled to San Diego after debriefing with the LACOSS staff. We met Jim Lustig of SDSU, and let’s just say he’s a character. We went to Super China Fun House for dinner, where we would meet Jess’ Aunt and Uncle, Sarah’s Uncle, Jess Wagner and Katy Doolan. The dinner was great, best in California. We rationed, then worked on some course work. I’m sleeping now, so goodnight guys.

No comments: