Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 4 - 8/14/2012 - Jeremy J Naberhaus

Today was overall I thought was an awesome day. It was hard to get out of bed and even harder to get Cody out of bed. But once he got out of bed he was singing and dancing. I was still in zombie mode. But after a great breakfast, coffee and getting to talk to everybody I was ready for the day. Mindy came in and talked to us, it is always such a joy to talk to Mindy. After Mindy talked to us Ruby did her very informative lesson on what to wear in the back country. I did learn a thing or two from her and enjoyed her activity. After that it was time to pack. Jeff went over what we needed then we packed it. Many people were flustered and had a hard time. But I had fun, each thing I packed was one step closer to getting to the river. It was also a nice change of pace to pack with people that I really like and no kids fighting or yelling. The people that I am about to embark with on this trip are amazing, smart, competent, determine and not lazy. Today was also the awesome because I have a bit of ADD and there was always something for me to do and I got to do it to music throughout the day. Another highlight was itinerary. It made me nervous at first, but once I got started I loved it. I got to network and make connection around America. (only 45 more days till we get to see Brian!!!!!!) I am not going to lie I am as giddy as a school boy. I have wanted to do something like this sense I was a child. I wanted to do ECOEE when I first heard about it from Stephen Gilbert when I was 18… I am 22 now. As corny as it may sound it is kind of like having a dream come true. I can’t wait to tell people that I spent 7 months in the woods. As hard and as hectic as today was I was nothing but excited and happy I have not been this overjoyed sense I was a kid on my way to the greatest place in the world… camp Shaw. The trip has just started but I already feel a connection with the group it’s very noonway. Something else that has been pretty noonway is the food, lunch was great and so was dinner, I loved that salad. After dinner Cody, Jon, Jeff and I went to campus to drop off stuff and pick stuff up as well. On our way back to good old HFC was the best part of the day because after all what goes better with tacos then DQ. Then we picked everyone up and went to Wal-Mart. I love going to Wal-Mart as a group, I just wonder what everyone thinks when they see us. Ok it is late and I need to try and sleep the sooner I sleep the sooner I wake up, the sooner I wake up the sooner I get to see everyone’s smiling faces. -Jeremy J Naberhaus

No comments: