Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 22, September 1st, 2012 - Sarah Welsh

I am sure you are expecting to hear a rap and I’ll start out saying I am sorry to disappoint. I guess there is a time and a place for that, and although we all know I got the beat, I’m going to get a little more serious. I just finished up my second week of being a LOW and I am using this week to reflect. I think I am beginning to understand the big picture of ECOEE. I am sure that some of you can relate, but I have always been someone who gets very caught up in grades and papers and speeches on thing I could care less about. I came out on this adventure to gain some insight into what I want to do with the rest of my life. Although I have not quite figured that our like some others have, I am getting to experience firsthand what it is to be in any leadership role; hard, yet very rewarding. As I am sitting here watching the new LOW team get in their canoe to head back to our campsite after another great episode of “Real Talk Canada”, (possibly the best one yet…) I can only hope that their week can teach them as much as mine did. That being said, LOWs, prepare yourselves for the “what do you think?” and “well, you’re the LOWs, what are you looking at me for?”. Believe it or not, this will help you to be more confident in your own decisions. I guess we’re all here for our own reasons. I am just glad this group of people is the one I get to experience this with. I should probably bookmark this page and still see if I feel this way on day 119. Who knows, maybe Sarah can storm too! Sorry I got a little mushier on this one. I think after a couple weeks of sabbatical I’ll be rapping again. Paddle on! Sarah

No comments: