Thursday, September 26, 2013

9/26/13-Wyoming and Its Beauty

--> Wyoming and Its Beauty
Emily Chathas
I awoke this morning all snuggled and warm in my sleeping bag, and I could feel the chilly air that was inside my tent. I knew that on today’s agenda was a scheduled visit to NOLS -- National Outdoor Leadership School. The purpose for our visit to NOLS was to learn how they would typically lead a group through one of their courses. This was a good way for us to get a better idea of how to plan our own trip that we have to plan for one of our courses on ECOEE, Management of Outdoor Adventure Recreation. Elise, our tour guide, did a really good job at giving us scenarios, examples from her past courses that she led as an instructor, and many more helpful lessons. This definitely gave our group a better understanding of how to plan our own trips. Another key part to our visit was when she gave us a tour of the international headquarters of NOLS by showing us all the departments that keep NOLS up and running. Man, there are a lot of departments and important people that do all of the work. I was very impressed. I thought the inside of the building had some really neat architecture. After our visit, our next stop was Yellowstone National Park. Let me tell you, the drive blew my mind once again. I had closed my eyes for a half hour and when I woke up all the trees and mountains were covered with snow. I said, “What the heck. When did it snow?”It was crazy to see so much snow in September. After continuing on the road for a while, all the snow disappeared and slowing peeping through the clouds I could see the Grand Tetons. They were amazing to look at. As I am on the road traveling through these states it is so hard to get my homework done because the scenery is so pretty and all I want to do is look out  the window and say “ooooh, aaaah” to everything I see. Wyoming is a gorgeous state and I plan to visit this state again. I can’t wait to see more of the West! 
“Look at everything as though you were seeing it for the first time or last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory.” – Betty Smith

No comments: