Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11/13-A Day to Remember

 A Day to Remember
Kevin Williams
12 years ago a tragic incident occurred for us as Americans with a terrorist attack demolishing two of the most iconic skyscrapers in the U.S. That day many died and many pushed themselves to help one another as human beings. Reflecting on that as I paddled down the river I thought to myself, how could I help my group; could I give a motivational speech? Could I paddle past everyone to show we can do better? I didn’t do either and continued to paddle on at a steady pace. Today was easy yet we didn’t push ourselves to help the group become that much closer to our final goal. Reflecting on the potential that human beings can achieve I became frustrated that not even on this day could we push ourselves hard for that of others. As we are learning and growing more and more it’s hard to not want to improve greater than what is reasonable. Tomorrow we need to paddle a good distance and portage a good amount but hopefully after hearing my thought of September 11th we can all dig deep within ourselves to find our strength to help one another finish our goal on time. Keep on keeping on, but remember to keep it on the positive side. Oh yeah, a female moose is called a cow for you who didn’t know.

No comments: