Sunday, October 4, 2009


Day 2, August 17, 2009

Today was our second full day at Horn but out first day of having a F.O.D. as a student. That brave young soul was Pete, and his assistant was Cassi. After breakfast we played a game called Ah-so-ho. When people got out they were able to distract and yell at everyone else. Clyde was really good at this, my guess he was so good at distracting was because he was always out.
After that we had a meeting to go over our syllabus for our classes. I’m feeling like I have syllabusitis. It was a very overwhelming three hours. For lunch I had the quote that came from Martin Luther King Jr.
“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy,”
We started committee work. Itinerary made some calls and contracts. Budget went to the bank. The rest of the groups either did interp homework or did a few little things that they could do at camp. We got out computers that the school provides. Before Cassi and I got our schedule for tomorrow in order and approved by the bosses. For supper we had Coca-Cola Chicken. The quote for supper was from an unknown author. He has a lot of good quotes! “Remember, the trick is not getting rid of the butterflies in your tummy, it’s getting them to fly in formation.” With all the stuff that needs to be done this week I wish I knew that trick.
We had feedback time for Pete following supper. This went pretty well, Pete gave a critic of himself and I felt he hit the nail on the head. I know it’s easy to find faults and to point them out. I hope that I will be able to apply what I learned tonight when I’m F.O.D. We also started watching movies after the debriefing. It was about the history and evolution of Yellowstone. This dealt with some of the ideas, good and bad that it went through.
Tomorrow looks to be an interesting day; we are getting a lot of food, which has been a burden for a long time. Also we get to meet our newest member, Kim Janus. After spending the last few days with out-group I feel excited to see us bonding and willing to work together. I know we will welcome her with open arms and hearts. Time for bed!
-Nathan Barr

No comments: