Saturday, October 9, 2010

10/9

I never thought that writing in the journal would be so time consuming. Now that I have officially stared at this piece of paper for five minutes, I have realized that I do not have the super power enabling me to will words onto paper.
Being at Yellowstone has helped me come to the conclusion that there is a line in a lot of things that we do. There is a line that separates overdevelopement and having the means of generating funds to keep up one of our nations treasures, as well as a fine line between what we say we are going to do, and how we do it. We all learned last night that we have to step it up if we want to become outdoor leaders and we need to take initiative and do what needs to be done to accomplish that. Kind of how Yellowstone does what needs to be done to make the park more accessible to the general public while still maintaining a sense of wilderness. They need to make money for upkeep but at the sacrifice of the land, just like we need to take initiative even with the sacrifice of feelings and toes. I feel like the meeting we had is going to open our eyes, so that we can become who we need to be while still realizing we can have the vast wilderness that still exists in the background.

Ashley VanSpeybroeck

No comments: