Wednesday, October 13, 2010

10/13

Welcome to Oregon!

After a long day of visiting the BLM and driving basically across Idaho and into Oregon, I have pretty much gotten nothing done. Yeah I read a little, wrote a little, slept a lot and watched the landscape go by, but I also did a lot of thinking. After writing a letter home I suddenly became pumped to do my trip plan. Something just clicked that this could be awesome and I could develop a bomb lesson plan! I had wanted to find a way to really get my mind prepared for the intense work that it will entail, but something about today sparked my fire. Could it have been the man at the museum who was so passionate about the program that he paid for us to go look at it? Or could it be the fact that we are going back to the backcountry in a day? Whatever it is, I am pumped! There are so many different ways to do things, and like the BLM and the NPS at Craters of the Moon, we need to find the best way to make those techniques work and be capable of working with other programs, problems, and what not thrown in the mix. This trip plan will put everything that we are learning into the mix and whether we do a backpacking trip in Oregon, or a kayaking trip in Poland, we need to have a passion for it; Just like that man at the Museum.

Ashley VanSpeybroeck

No comments: