Wednesday, October 20, 2010

10/20

“To Sugar Creek”
What a long day! I feel incomplete if I go too long without pushing the limits of my body. It’s weird how I feel some sense of accomplishment after beating myself up all day, but it is perfectly normal to feel accomplished after an eight hour day of navigating through the backcountry and summiting peaks. I can’t stop thinking about how awesome it is to be footloose and hopping around the country for a semester of eighteen credit-hours. I always remind myself of how lucky I am (we are) to have this opportunity when I get overwhelmed with work or find myself missing the many great people in my life. Our time with the Rare Earth Adventures Team has been nothing short of amazing. I hope that I will remember everything they have taught me so I can further develop myself as a professional and drop some technical knowledge of the outdoors on my buddies that are into this kind of stuff. Backcountry navigation is by far the most challenging of the skills I have started to learn, and especially in this gnarly terrain. We have been working hard together to refine our skills and learn new methods along the way. Learning technical skills from experience is key, and that is exactly what we are doing. Until next time, excuse me while I go curl up under my ranger diamond tarp setup. Goodnight.
-CDM

No comments: