Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 6

Bang-a-rang is a Jamaican slang defined as a hubbub, uproar, disorder, or disturbance.
This is the word that ECOEE 2010 has chosen to use to conclude our nightly debrief sessions. This is not only a word but generally expresses the way that I was feeling last semester and this summer. Now that I have rejoined my fellow group members I feel as if the negative definition of this expression has vanished and left us with lessons learned. The amount that we all have learned together last semester was tremendous. With a new beginning we all continue to fill our brains with more knowledge as every minute passes. With the group we have established for this trip I feel no more anxiety, stress or pressure about school work. Yet no one in this group can know how the other is feeling unless these feelings are expressed. I can only ask my fellow group members to not bottle feelings and just show it on our sleeves. If you are feeling something, express it because only with communication can we truly learn how to work together and make this work. Knowing that I have everyone around me and hoping that we will always have a positive attitude I have no doubt that we have started something that is going to change us forever. In a way that none of us can imagine, and I have NEVER wanted nothing more.
P.S.- I can NOT WAIT to get down and DIRTYYYY in CANADA, 8 days and counting!
Peace, Love, Wilderness
Katy

No comments: