Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 3

Although this journal entry is one more task in an already overwhelming workload, it is one i don't mind. I love my journal, and i love being required to write in it. I think about how little I actually know about my grandparents lives, and it has put me on a personal mission. Bumper stickers from everywhere we go. Winter break, I'm buying an AWESOME chest. Christmas present is getting all of our pictures developed. The material possessions of significance will fill it continuously. I want my kids and grandkids to have something to rummage through to see who I was and what I have done. We are all way too special of a breed for our journeys to be forgotten. I still get choked up thinking about Joe. He should be in this circle with us right now. But if my Dad has taught me anything, it's not to waste too much energy on the things you can't control. I'm hoping once we hit the road, the chaos will die down. If not, then I hope to get used to it sooner or later. I have lost track of the fact that it is an eighteen hour semester, and refuse to simply be 'along for the ride'. It's almost funny to think how people have literally come and gone from the start, but the bond between us is undeniable. We seriously rock. I'm ready to get extreme on some rapids and for once stay up long enough to see the northern lights. "Be better today than you were yesterday" Cheers.
-Sal

No comments: