Wednesday, August 14, 2013

8/14/13-An Experience of a Lifetime

Day 5 8/14/13 -Shayla Hill
Today has flown by for me. We traveled twelve hours in the vans today all the way to Camp Confidence in Brainerd Minnesota. Of course the best part of the drive was going through Iowa! =)
Once we arrived at the camp we met Doc Lupton, Jeff Olson, and Bob. We were showed to our cabin and when we got all of our stuff unloaded we had a nice dinner on the lake. It was beautiful. I loved walking out on the dock. They cooked us some corn on the cob, fried fish, watermelon, and we also had a salad with organic veggies to mix in. It was yummy!
After we were done with dinner we all sat around the picnic table to hear some great stories from Jeff Olson. Doc Lupton also had some great stories to share too. I wish we could’ve had more time to sit around a fire and listen to all of their stories.
It was such a relaxing evening and I enjoyed it a lot. I’m excited for the rest of this wonderful experience and I can feel everyone else’s excitement too! The days are long and the nights are short, but the days are over before I know it. We have so many things to do, places to see, people to meet, and things to learn. I’m stuck in this moment because I know that I will never forget these four months and I’m so glad that I got stuck with the people in this group. I think we’re all pretty great and work well together.
“Life is a song – sing it. Life is a game – play it. Life is a challenge – meet it. Life is a dream – realize it. Life is a sacrifice – offer it. Life is love – enjoy it.” –Sai Baba

No comments: