Thursday, August 21, 2008

Josh Standard

My goal for this reflection is to remind us all that stuff happens and plans change. Things are not always going to go according to plan, but that does not mean that we cannot still have a great day.

Things changed around a lot today. We wanted to go do gear several times, but that did not happen with the buying groceries and such that went on in the morning. Once the lodge was clean we had a great hamburger lunch, like the first of many cookouts, prepared by Steve.

That night the 2007 ECOEE group came out and cooked us dinner and answered questions that we had about ECOEE. This was yet another change of plans. I know I learned a lot from this and I’m sure that the rest of the group did as well.

We had one more change in store for the day when It was decided not to go to Jeff’s house for a movie, but instead to stay at HFC and call it a night.

Shortly before bed I received a text from my sister that I believe fits the day perfectly: “Life is not about avoiding storms, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” I think that quote does a great job of summing up a great day, full of change.

No comments: