Saturday, November 24, 2012

October 11, 2012 - Jessica Sauer

I woke up this morning before my alarm even went off thanks to the many obnoxious ravens that were cawing and flying around. This type of bird was like nothing I had ever seen. With their dark black feathers and extreme size, I couldn’t help but think of 15lb overweight cat Shadow, who waddles just as much as they do with each step. Waking up to the ravens wasn’t that best alarm clock, but the sooner I got up the sooner I would be able to see more of Yosemite. Just driving through the park yesterday, I had seen enough to know this was going to be my favorite stop so far. The rest of the morning started off great when I woke up to French toast, my favorite breakfast made by chef’s Sarah and Kelly. After a quick clean up the group was ready to hop on a bus and head towards the Visitors Center. Once we were there almost all of us watched a movie about the spirits of Yosemite which gave us a brief history of all the beautiful places the park had to offer. After seeing the portion of the video about the giant sequoias in Mariposa Grove, I knew I would be satisfied staying in this place forever. Before I could get to the sequoias, I knew that I had a lot of work to get done so the other girls and I headed to Yosemite Lodge hoping to find a nice place to do some work. On our way, we ran into Cody and Jon and they continued with us to the lodge. It was strange seeing animals so comfortable with humans in their homes, Ruby almost ran directly into a deer and it didn’t even seem to notice. After walking through crowds of people we finally decided the best spot to plug in would be a small little lounge that had a few baseball fans watching a game. It started off as a nice quiet place but by the time the afternoon was over it was packed with die heart fans. No longer thinking it was a good place to study, I headed back to camp with Ruby, Jeremy, and Dalton to get in a quick nap. After a quick meal and clean up, the long day of homework ended in the best way possible, with a long hot shower.

No comments: