Wednesday, December 1, 2010

12/1

Horn Field Campus

Ah! Our first day back in Macomb and we have a “free” day to relax, unwind, and adjust to be back. Such a strange feeling – no more 15-passenger van crammed like a sardine can or setting up camp. For me personally, it is nice to be back in a bed along with access to a hot shower. I also picked up my truck today (named Carlos) and I'll be darned if it didn't have a dead battery! I guess that comes with the territory – sitting in storage for a few months. The power windows and locks gave me trouble at first as well but they luckily came to their senses. It is so strange to drive again! It seems as if my inner-being has smashed my internal alarm clock now that it is sleeping off of the ground – I don't blame it! What is ahead, you ask? Cleaning gear, projects, and evals before a banquet celebration. It's nearly here... I wonder what everyone is doing...

“I see you, world. I see your beauty. And I sense your pain. And I am here for you.” - Thich Nhat Hahn

Denver Murphy

No comments: